About the Intellectualist
The Intellectualist is a social platform dedicated to critical discussion of issues both large and small.
We only traffic in facts and real news. Please see our reviews.
The Intellectualist publishes its own stories using cited content from multiple sources. We were originally a content aggregator.
We still aggregate documents, tweets, etc. for the purpose of an organized experience for our readers.
The Intellectualist was created for the purpose of having space where like-minded individuals could have thriving and engaging discussions without disruptions typical of most internet meeting places.
We began as a Facebook group at the beginning of August 2014.
Intellectual Property – DMCA Compliance
The Intellectualist will gladly remove any material from our website if so requested by its Copyright owner or representative.
The Intellectualist maintains a ‘notice and takedown’ regime and as such, falls inside the protections afforded by the ‘safe harbor’ provisions (Section 512) outlined in the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
If you assert that the Intellectualists use of your intellectual property violates your intellectual property rights, then please email the Intellectualist at [email protected] and follow our official regime for ‘notice of infringing material’ policy.
To file a notice of infringing material on a site owned or controlled by the Intellectualist, please provide a notification containing the following details:
1) Reasonably sufficient details to enable us to identify the work claimed to be infringed or, if multiple works are claimed to be infringed, a representative list of such works (for example: title, author, any registration or tracking number, URL or site);
2) Reasonably sufficient detail to enable us to identify and locate the material that is claimed to be infringing (for example a link to the page that contains the material);
3) Your contact information so that we can contact you (for example, your address, telephone number, email address);
4) A statement that you have a good-faith belief that the use of the material identified in (2) is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
5) A statement, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that is alleged to be infringed.
6) Your physical or electronic signature.
By Email: [email protected]