- Trump is abusing language and combining testimony from separate questions to make it appear that the NSA and FBI Directors are in agreement with him.
- The NSA Director said that Russia did not change voting tabulations in specific states when directly questioned on the subject by Rep. Devin Nunes (R-CA).
- In the POTUS Tweet, Trump claims that the NSA Director and the FBI director did not influence the “electoral process”. We only know this true to the extent of the NSA director’s specific answer to the specific question asked him about certain state vote tabulations. (see video below)
- We must point out: “electoral process” is not the same as Electoral interference. POTUS account never defines “Electoral Process”, which means that it could mean whatever subjective interpretation a reader gives it.
- The conflation of “electoral process” and “electoral interference” is something that could be easily lost on a casual reader of the POTUS Twitter feed. [The Intellectualist]
The NSA and FBI tell Congress that Russia did not influence electoral process. pic.twitter.com/d9HqkxYBt5
— President Trump (@POTUS) March 20, 2017